Rich and delicious! Adapted from the Veggie Table.
Make and share this Colorful Cashew Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb whole cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced (or green onions)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peas (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lemon, zest of (or 2-in piece of lemongrass)
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices ginger, thin slices
- 15 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Sauté the shallots, red bell pepper, and peas(if using) in the olive oil or butter, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry, lemon, turmeric, chiles, garlic, ginger, and salt, and cook until fragrant, 5-10 minutes more.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, another 5-10 minutes. Serve with rice. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired.