Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup cracked bulgur wheat
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Place bulgur in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Drain and transfer to a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in the bulgur, remove from the heat and let stand for 1 hour.
- Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and onions into the bulgur.
- In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together.
- Pour over the bulgur mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Stir before serving.
What a nice change from the usual "Parsley Salad" (Tabbouleh) Since I love Middle Eastern foods, this is one I make often. It's easy and has a really fresh taste. The addition of chili powder says it all!! And the longer the flavors marinate, the better it is! It's great for lunch or a side dish for dinner. Good job, LikeItLoveIt!
Easy to make, fairly mild flavor. Makes about 3 cups, so it would be 6 small servings!