Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a yummy dessert and can be made to fit in with any occasion you need it for. The topping can be flavored and colored anything you desire...or left plain :) The brownie layer is chocolately and rich, but the topping is cool, light and refreshing...a great combo! (Chill time not included)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon cherry extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (use whatever you like to go with whatever color you want)
- food coloring (red/pink for Valentine's Day, green for St. Patrick's Day, red "or" green for Christmas, blue for Ha)
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brownie: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- (You can use a regular 9 ince cake pan, but the presentation is not as nice if you serve it in the pan) Bake for about 20 minutes or until center tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Topping: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add your choice of extract and food coloring and mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly over brownie layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove sides of springform pan just before serving.
- If desired, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over top.
- Dollop additional whipped topping around edges if you like.