Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
This is a refreshing twist on broccoli salad. Slightly sweet and tangy. Great with teriaki pork chops. For optimum flavors, make one day in advanace or at least two hours before service.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- If not already, cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Steam broccoli in water for 2 minutes until bright green and drain. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, onion, craisins.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonaise, sugar, vinegar.
- Toss mayonaise mixture with broccoli.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours before service.
- When ready to serve, lightly toss in pecans and oranges.