This is an easy, & fun salad to make. Also an easy one for kids to make or help with. This looks great on the table--everyone loves it. Prep time depends on if you cook bacon or use jar. I used the prep time for making this with the jar. Also, the cook time is really the chill time.
- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled (I usually use 1 jar of real bacon pieces to save time.)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper
- 1 cup slivered almonds or 1 cup sliced almonds (optional) or 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (I usually use red wine vinegar)
- Mix all top ingredients together in serving bowl.
- In a small bowl mix sauce ingredients together until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Pour sauce over veggie mixture and toss until completely covered.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.