Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy snack or side dish from my mom that I like to prepare in the summer that will last for days! The cook time is for refrigeration. Enjoy!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I like fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add in the beans, pepper, onions, and cilantro and mix.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Lovely salad...this would be great for a potluck dish...or a backyard bbq...I didn't have a yellow pepper so I used red...also threw in some fresh jalapeno that I had...I could see using lime in place of the lemon too...a bit of zest would add more kick...we loved all the flavors...this is a keeper...thanks for posting it...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)