Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This is a very colourful side dish that I serve with jerk chicken or barbecued steaks. I quite often will take this to a pot luck along with several copies of the recipe, as it is always requested. For more of a bite, add a finely chopped jalapeno directly to the salad in addition to the sliced jalapenos on top.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Excellent salad, JCMM. I served this along with grilled steak and grilled potatoes. The dressing was very impressive and had incredible flavor. Made a very colorful and zesty side dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 ounces surimi (artificial crab meat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together corn, black beans, red pepper, chilies, cilantro, green onions and seafood.
- Add cumin and pepper to minced or crushed garlic.
- Mix into a paste.
- Add vinegar, lime juice and water to garlic mixture.
- Mix well.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over corn, bean mixture and stir well.
- Top with thinly sliced jalapeno peppers.