Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- non stick vegetable oil cooking spray or 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped do not drain
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Spray non stick skillet with vegetable spray, heat pan, add onion, pepper, garlic and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and spices.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until macaroni is cooked.
- Add drained beans and cheese; cook 5 minutes to heat through, serve.
Deeeelicious! We all loved this, kids included! Very easy and so simple all in one pan! I followed the recipe as listed and added a tsp. of corriander. Thanks for such an easy healthy meal, Dancer!
This one made a great family dinner. My kids like beans and pasta so it was a hit with them, too. I added some salt, but other than that, the seasonings were good. Hearty, filling, and healthy. Thanks Dancer^
Loved this casserole, didnt miss the meat at all! I used petite diced tomatoes, vege broth for the water, and instead of garbanzo beans, replaced them with great northern. Served with mary winecoff's Moosewood Restaurant Almost Fat-Free Cornbread and enjoyed a healtlhy supper! Thank you Dancer, will be making this again!