Recipe by COOKGIRl
I never know what produce I might find at the farmers' market; watermelon radishes for example (also known as Roseheart or Chinese radish)- they are almost too pretty to eat! Go to Google, click on images, type in watermelon radish and see for yourself! A CG Original.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and patted dry
- 2 -3 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small purple bell pepper
- 1 small lemon cucumber, thinly sliced (or sub regular cucumber)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked edamame, drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut with cheese grater, then thinly sliced
- 3 small baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly and cut into crescents
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon regular sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, puree (or 2 tablespoons fresh minced lemongrass)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 dash white pepper
- sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- DRESSING: Combine dressing ingredients in small non-reactive bowl and blend with immersion blender. Best prepared several hours in advance.
- SALAD: Combine salad ingredients in serving bowl with a few tablespoons of the salad dressing and toss.
- Serve remaining salad dressing and toasted almonds on side.
- Turn that frown upside down!