Recipe by Chippie1
Was looking for a different craft for my students to do in Catechism class and found one that uses colored rice. Coloring the rice was so easy and perfect for our Easter craft. Recipe originally came from www.dltk-kids.com, but I mixed up the food coloring to get some different shades.
- 2 teaspoons rubbing alcohol
- 12 drops liquid food coloring (color of choice)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- aluminum foil
- baking sheet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ziplock bag, combine alcohol rub and food coloring.
- Pour in the rice and close the bag.
- (You better close the bag unless you want to change the color of your kitchen, LOL).
- Shake the bag well (like the shake and bake stuff).
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and pour the rice onto it.
- Let dry for about 1/2 a day in a warm and airy place.
- Use for any type of craft.