Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is my adopted recipe and I haven't made it yet. This main dish pie is a family favourite from The More-with-Less Cookbook. Make 2 pies and freeze one for a busy weeknight.
Top Review by gwenbert0104
My family has been enjoying this recipe for years. My kids love it and its also handy to make two a freeze the second one (before baking it) to emjoy later or give to a friend.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked green beans or 2 cups corn (may use canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry for double crust pie.
- Line 9 inch pie plate with half the pastry.
- Roll out top crust.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and onions in frying pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Add top crust and cut slits in it.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Freezes well.