Recipe by suzyhomemakerwannabe
These cookies are awesome! There are very few ingredients, and no flour, which is why I consider them more of a crisp. My husbands grandmother makes these at all her family gatherings and they are a huge hit!!!
Top Review by Theresa P
I was so anxious to try this recipe , until I ran into some problems . Your recipe does not say to grease or oil the foil . I found that you MUST oil or grease the foil , or these cookies will stick like glue ! You also never stated that these cookies need time to cool (I found at least 10 minutes or so) before you can remove them from the cookie sheet . I had a lot of problems at first but , then I got it figured out and they came out better .
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Wesson Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oatmeal, brown sugar and oil; set aside.
- Next, beat the reminder of the ingredients: eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Combine all ingredients into one large bowl (get those hands in there and squeeze, so that the oatmeal can soak up the mixture, don't be afraid to get messy!) press down with a plate, cover with saran wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, spoon out a tablespoon size portion onto a foiled cookie sheet. I personally don't grease the foil or cookie sheet, once they cool I have no problem getting them off the sheet.
- Bake at 325-350° for 10-15 minutes. Let cool about 10-15 min before removing cookies from foil.
- Just like snowflakes, no cookie should look alike!