Recipe by Colorado Mel
These are my favorite cupcakes from when I was young! They're so delicious, they're easy to make, and everyone always wants the recipe. :) My mom used to spread the extra glaze between graham crackers and we would eat them after they hardened. Those were so good that sometimes we would just make the glaze recipe minus the cupcakes!
Top Review by angelamarie5613
These were very good and easy to make. The cream cheese filling did not sink down as I expected. Next time I will only put 1/3 in and then the filling and then the other 1/3. The glaze was very easy to make and had a nice rich flavor. Thanks for posting.
- devil's food cake mix (and whatever else the cake mix calls for- eggs, oil, water usually)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to cake mix box directions.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 full and set aside.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop 1 tablespoon filling into center of each batter section.
- Bake according to cake mix box directions & cool.
- Prepare the glaze:.
- Melt together on stove top the butter, sugar, and milk.
- Boil 30 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until completely combined.
- Dip cupcakes (tops) into the glaze while it is hot. Twist and turn right side up to let the glaze settle on the tops of the cupcakes.
- Enjoy! :).