Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fantastic dessert fondue recipe! It's perfect for the non-chocoholic in your circle of friends, and SO stinking good that the chocoholics will love it too! :) Whenever we have fondue parties this one is the first one gone. Is also quite delicious cold and makes a wonderful dip for a fruit tray at an evening dessert party. Yummmm!!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft caramels (can substitute the Kraft baking caramel bits, which are great because there's no unwrapping to do wh)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- Put all ingredients into your electric fondue pot.
- Turn heat on to medium setting.
- Stir frequently until completely melted and smooth.
- Turn down to low and just keep warm.
- Cook all ingredients together in microwave or on stove top until completely melted and smooth.
- Add to any type fondue pot and keep heated for duration of the party.
This is dangerously yummy! I must admit, I was making this to use as an ice cream topping rather than a fondue. I also sampled some cold, and it is equally good that way too. I'm sure it would be perfect as an apple and graham cracker dip. I didn't have any plain rum, so I used some Captain Morgan's instead. The caramel masks the alcohol quite well, so even non-rum fans may be tempted to eat more than their fair share of this, lol. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013