Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is delicious. Our family really enjoys tart fruit desserts, so the recipe below reflects that. If you prefer yours a bit sweeter then you should use a sweeter apple or add another half cup sugar to the fruit. One thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is! I'll switch out what fruit I'm using just based on what I have on hand. Yummm! This is also a healthier "Crisp" recipe than the average. There is more fruit and less crisp... I enjoy the taste of the ratio as well as the lower fat content of the ratio. ;) Try it- I bet you'll enjoy it!
- 4 cups granny smith apples (cut into slices and then 3/4-inch pieces)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (I try to buy a bag that has smaller cranberries than average)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- Combine fruit, sugar, flour, and cinnamon and put into 8" square glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, and softened butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the fruit mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 35 minutes (or until crisp browns and apples are cooked through). Reduce heat to 350 if at high altitude.
- Serve with cool whip or whipped cream or ice cream or -- :).
This was wonderful! I did double the topping because we really like the "crisp" part. I also realized about the time I put it in the oven that I forgot the cinnamon - it was wonderful without it. DH wants me to make it with pears sometime.
Exceptional apple crisp. I made this exactly as written and it was perfect for my husband. This is easy with a nice subtle taste of cranberries. Thanks for the recipe.