1/1 Photo of Colorado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
From Martha Green's Cooking Things on our local public radio.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 slices sourdough French bread
- 12 ounces turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 slices red onions, separated into rings
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, 4 1oz slices
- 1In small bowl, combine butter, garlic and crushed red pepper. Stir to blend and set aside.
- 2In separate bowl, whisk egg and milk and set aside.
- 3Spread Parmesan cheese evenly on large plate and set aside.
- 4In large skillet, melt half of the butter mixture over low heat.
- 5Working quickly, dip 1 of the bread slices in egg mixture, coating only 1 side. Dip coated side into Parmesan cheese. Place in skillet, cheese side down. Repeat with 3 remaining bread slices.
- 6Arrange turkey, avocado and tomato on top of bread slices. Sprinkle with cilantro and top with onion rings and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 7Dip remaining 4 bread slices in egg mixture, coating 1 side and dip coated side into Parmesan and place on top of sandwich, cheese side out.
- 8Increase heat to medium and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- 9Add remaining butter, turn sandwiches to cook and brown the other side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colorado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.7
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.3 mg
- Sodium 1444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 50.4 g