Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
LOVE Green chili, this one just works for me...I love it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 anaheim chilies, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (4 ounce) cans chilies, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ancho chili, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 banana pepper, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crispy; remove from pot and set aside.
- In same pot, add pork and sear 3-5 min, until cooked through and browned on all sides; remove from pot and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, anaheim and ancho chiles, and peppers to same pot, cook for 10-15 minute.
- Add vegetable and chicken broths, water, tomatoes, and canned chiles to pot and stir occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and flour with a fork.
- Stir mixture into soup, increase to med-heat and bring to a boil.
- Add pork and bacon, reduce heat and simmer for an additional 15 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.