Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
Make and share this Colorado Cowboy Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 113.39 g sweet butter
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant) or 236.59 ml regular rolled oats (not instant)
- 118.29 ml semisweet chocolate morsel
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans, broken into medium-size pieces
- Position two oven racks to divide the oven into thirds; preheat oven to 350°; line cookie sheets with foil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a big bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter.
- Add in vanilla and both sugars; beat well.
- Add in egg; beat well.
- On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients and beat, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula, until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer; stir in oats and then chocolate morsels and nuts (dough will be rather stiff).
- Use a well-rounded teaspoonful of the dough to make each cookie; place the mounds 2 inches apart on the foil.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until the cookies are golden-colored and completely dry.
- During baking reverse the sheets top to bottom and front to back to insure even browning.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
YUM! excelent cookies, made to take down to our batchlor son.Of course we had to try them! i got 45 cookies and they are delicious and very easy to make. Thanks for posting.