Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great light meal.
Make and share this Colorado Cordon Bleu Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Blanch 12 asparagus Speers in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain, chill in ice water, and pat dry.
- Halve the chicken breasts horizontally separating each into two cutlets.
- Place cutlet in a plastic bag with a splash of water. Leave bag open slightly and pound out the meat to a uniform thickness.
- Arrange the cutlets on work surface. Cover each piece of chicken with one slice of cheese and one slice of ham. Add 3 asparagus spears (half if need be) roll chicken around cheese ham and asparagus.
- Heat one tbl of olive oil, in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the chicken rolls to skillet with the seam side down. Cover the pan and cook 3 to 5 minute Flip when chicken is half done, and cook the other side covered about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to serving plate.
- Add 2 tbl of butter to left over's in pan and scrape. When melted add 2tbl of flour and brown. Stir in chicken stock and Dijon mustard and simmer a minute or so until thickened. Remove from heat and add a splash of lemon juice. Pour over chicken roll and garnish with Parsley.