Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my favorite cookbook of all time - The Colorado Cache (Junior League of Denver, 1978). This is the perfect side dish to any special dinner.
- 3 cups cropped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange broccoli in 8x12 inch shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- When mixture is smooth, add cream and hot water in which boullion cube has been dissolved.
- Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and thickended.
- Add Sherry, lemon juice and pepper.
- When all are well blended, pour sauce over cooked broccoli and sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
EXCELLENT side dish- just perfect for thanksgiving dinner- so good there was none left! Thank you so much! FANTASTIC!
Every recipe I've ever tried from the Colorado Cache has been just wonderful...so nice to meet another afficianado. Great recipe choice! :o)