Recipe by Emily
From my favorite cookbook of all time - The Colorado Cache (Junior League of Denver, 1978). This is the perfect side dish to any special dinner.
- 3 cups cropped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange broccoli in 8x12 inch shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- When mixture is smooth, add cream and hot water in which boullion cube has been dissolved.
- Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and thickended.
- Add Sherry, lemon juice and pepper.
- When all are well blended, pour sauce over cooked broccoli and sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.