Top Review by trick
Made this tonight...Very, very good! I cut down the recipe as their is only two of us this weekend. My husband loved it and it will definitely go into our recipe book of favorites. Thanks Tonkcats for posting such an easy, delightful recipe!
- 2 lbs filet of beef or 2 lbs flank of beef
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons meat extract paste
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (dairy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from beef and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Over high heat sear the beef quickly in 1 tablespoon butter.
- In 3 tablespoons butter (same pan) saute onion, garlic and mushrooms about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in flour, meat extract paste, catsup, salt and pepper.
- Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add bouillon, stirring constantly bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Over very low heat, add wine, dill and sour cream.
- Add beef, simmer only until beef is hot. Serve over wild rice. Serves 6.