Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Used to make a icing copy of any picture, pattern or orignial design. This icing has a flowing texture, yet dries hard, making it perfect for creating icing plaques of your chosen design to place on your cake. Your decorations should have a slight "pillow" design when dry.
- 1 lb sifted pure cane confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons color powder
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 1 teaspoon water
- Make sure all utensils are grease-free.
- Using an electric mixer, blend all ingredients on low speed* for 7 minutes. Color flow icing "crusts" quickly so keep it covered with a damp cloth while using. Stir in desired icing colors**.
- *If using a hand mixer, you may have to use a higher speed.
- **Wilton icing Colors work best and do not affect icing consistency.