Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use Sippits as an alternative to spoons to make cream soups a filling and fun meal. This is our version which works well. For the best taste when using cooking spray, use butter-flavored or garlic-flavored cooking spray. Sippits are best when toasted well so they are crispy but not too dark.
- If using butter, butter both sides of bread.
- Cut bread into 1-inch"sticks".
- If using spray, spray all sides lightly with cooking spray.
- Place on cooking sheet and toast under broiler watching closely until browned on top and bottom.
- Use instead of spoons to eat cream soups, especially King's Arms Tavern Cream of Peanut Soup.
I was in Williamsburg, VA a few weeks ago and talked with a young woman who greeted you outside one of the historic exhibits. She recommended eating at the Kings Arms Tavern. We enjoyed our meal at the tavern which was the peanut soup and the sippits. I would love to have the recipe for the soup as well. It was like taking a giant step back into history. The waiter explaned the sippits to me. It was a good memory especially when it is around food. Thanks,