- 8 fluid ounces water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 fluid ounces cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon morton lite salt or 1 tablespoon other salt substitute
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Process water and cornstarch in a blender on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth; transfer to a 2½-quart saucepan.
- Cook mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add each of the remaining ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to thicken and become quite smooth.
- When cool, pour into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- This dressing will keep well for about 6 weeks.