Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I used when I had a winter lodge. It was popular on cold winter mornings, especially when they were still warm and the butter melted into them. Any prepared mincemeat will do but I prefer the non alcoholic for this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl stir the apple juice and eggs into the melted butter, beat well.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Add the mincemeat and stir in until moistened.
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan and add 1 tsp of the sugar/rum mix on top of the batter.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Although I do, on occasion, use a rum-&-brandy mincemeat, I didn't use it this time instaed using a jar of the plain None Such! DEFINITELY LOVED THESE MUFFINS, especially with this combo of spices, & plan on making them again in another week using some homemade mince & perhaps including the subar-&-rum topping as well! A wonderful keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
I like mincemeat pie, so I thought I'd try this recipe. These turned out fruity good. I did not make the sugar/rum topping since I'm taking these to church in the morning. Made 23 smaller muffins. Thank you for posting.