Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my personal recipe for delicious, puffy meat patties which can be served alone or with my Special Dressing on a bun as hamburgers. Double the recipe and you have a great base for meatloaf.
- Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl until they are lemon colored.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce to the beaten yolks and mix.
- To the egg yolks, add the beef, salt, baking powder, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the beaten egg whites.
- Blend gently.
- Dip with large spoon into 1/8 inch of very hot shortening or oil.
- Let cook about 2 minute on each side and serve.
- To make meatloaf: Double the recipe (you can add bulk sausage for 1/2 of the meat mixture). Smooth mixture into a lightly greased meatloaf baking dish or bread pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and drain fat. Brush top with 1/4" ketchup or with my Barbecue Sauce. Return to oven and continue baking for 20 minutes and serve.