Colonel Sanders's Note:
This is my personal recipe for homemade huckleberry cake, a real Southern treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gradually beat 2/3 cup sugar into the beaten egg until light.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with 1/3 cup of milk.
- 4Add 3 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract.
- 5Beat well, then fold in 1 1/2 cups fresh huckleberries.
- 6Pour into an 8" cake pan and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colonel Sanders' Old Fashioned Huckleberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: