1/1 Photo of Colonel Sanders' Lemon Sponge Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Colonel Sanders's Note:
This is my personal recipe for lemon sponge pie, with fresh lemon juice and lemon rind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Temper butter.
- 2Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except egg whites.
- 4Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 5Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake slowly in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven to 300 degrees F, until tests done - about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colonel Sanders' Lemon Sponge Pie
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of