Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For "pie a la grog"!
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 10 fluid ounces honey
- 4 fluid ounces hot water
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 4 fluid ounces rum or 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces rum extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine sugar, honey, salt, and hot water.
- Mix well and add butter.
- Place over heat and bring slowly to a roiling boil, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Add rum or extract; store at room temperature.
- Place a piece of pie on plate that heat won't harm.
- Ladle 2 fluid ounces of the sauce over pie.
- Place under broiler till sauce bubbles.
- Serve hot.
Absolutely fantastic! This also works as a great sauce for fried ice cream.