Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Carribbean curry powder is pungent and aromatic. Making your own gives you control to adjust amounts to your own liking. From All Around The World Cookbook by Sheila Lukins
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace, ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in a cool dry place.
Sooo glad I chose this recipe to make. It is simply fabulous. I used all the spices and for some I had to grind them myself but totally worth it. Because it does not contain any salt, you can salt whatever you are cooking with later. To gauge the taste after cooking, I chose thinly sliced rib eye that I sliced. Sprinkled the powder along with a bit of salt and pan fried with sliced onion for about 3-4 minutes only. Served with key lime zest sprinkled on the steaks and a bit of lime juice before eating. Heavenly!