Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A mild chili for a change of pace from the usual red chili. This is often served on hot dogs with cole slaw. Sounds interesting...
- 4 cups great northern beans, cooked and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces green chilies (canned, drained, chopped)
- 1 lb chicken (cooked, diced or shredded)
- Saute onions in oil in a small skillet.
- Combine beans, broth, onions, cilantro and spices in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook 10 to 15 minutes. See note.
- Add chilies and chicken. Heat through.
- Note: If you like your beans softer and kind of mushy, you can cook this longer but, don't add the cilantro until you add the chilies and chicken.