Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Colombian seasoning sauce, similar in use to sofrito. From the cooking blog My Colombian recipes.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the tomatoes, scallions, garlic, ground cumin and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring until softened.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the salt, pepper and cilantro, cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. Check and adjust the seasoning.