Recipe by La_Nanita
This is another favorite in my household. I have addapted this recipe for the slow cooker, I like to leave it cooking while we go to church on Sundays. But it works just as well on the stove top and even better over a fire pit, with shorter cooking times. And if you ever have a killer hang over, this soup will fix you right up! That is why it is traditionally eaten the day after a big party. This soup can easily be made with any combination of the proteins and is also made with seafood. I have not prepared with seafood yet, but would imagine that you have to let the veggetables cook by themselves for a while before adding in the fish as it is more delicate.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, sliced into thick sections
- 236.59 ml yucca root, peeled and cut (or use a small bag of frozen Yucca)
- 1 plantain, ripe and cut into 1-inch sections with skin on
- 1 medium onion
- 29.58 ml cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 3 cabbage leaves, cut into thick strips
- 0 sazon goya
- 2365.9-3548.85 ml water
- salt, Pepper, and Adobo to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and peel all veggetables and protein as needed.
- Place all of the veggetables on the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Layer all of the proteins on top of the veggetables.
- Add Sazon to 2 cups of water and stir well. Pour water over proteins.
- Sprinkle proteins with a liberal amount of Adobo.
- Pour in water until the slow cooker is full.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 4. Test meat for doneness before you turn off.