Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Debbie whose husband is Colombian; this rice rocks. and for mike , thanks for the heads up on my misspelling ,that's ALL you needed to say
- Put 1/2 inch oil in bottom of pan.
- Add onions; fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add fideos which are like vermicelli.
- Cook until the fideos are butterscotch colored; do not burn.
- Wash rice.
- Add rice and water to the pan; add salt; taste water to make sure flavor is right.
- Cook on medium heat, uncovered, stirring frequently, until all the water is absorbed.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat until the bottom is browned but not burned.
How are we suppose to trust that this is a Colombian rice recipe if Colombian isn't even spelt right?
I'm glad you posted this for us! It makes a big change to the simple rice and it is not difficult at all.
I used a good quality basmati rice, fideos from the Turkish shop!
Thanks a lot for posting this!