Recipe by Steppmom
A tasty, tangy, colorful and LOW FAT! potato salad I concocted after having a similar one at a restaurant operated by brothers from Columbia. It's a great change from the same boring mayo-based potato salad. TRY IT!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes when cool, about 6 cups total
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and steamed until crisp-tender, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro, depending on taste
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (may add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potato cubes, carrot pieces, chopped onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients.
- Gently combine tomato chunks with the rest of the salad.
- Chill and allow flavors to blend.