Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Elegant and very easy to make. A perfect ending to any dinner party.
Make and share this Colombian Pineapple Custard recipe from Food.com.
- Process pineapple in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- Scrape the puree into a pan and add the superfine sugar; cook about 5 minutes until reduced by 1/3 (mixture should be thick, but not as thick as preserves so you can add a little water to thin out).
- Meanwhile, make the caramel by placing the granulated sugar in a heavy pan and cook over medium heat until the edges start to caramelize; shake pan, do not stir.
- Remove from heat once all the sugar has dissolved and the sugar is golden brown.
- Carefully stir in the lime juice (it will sputter and spit).
- Divide the caramel among 6 ramekins and turn them so caramel distributes evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the eggs into the cooled pineapple mixture; divide egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan and pour warm water into the roasting pan so that it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins; cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes until set; let cool.
- Invert ramekins onto dessert plates (loosen sides with a knife, then place dessert plate over the ramekin and flip over).