1 hr 5 mins
Elegant and very easy to make. A perfect ending to any dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process pineapple in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- 2Scrape the puree into a pan and add the superfine sugar; cook about 5 minutes until reduced by 1/3 (mixture should be thick, but not as thick as preserves so you can add a little water to thin out).
- 3Meanwhile, make the caramel by placing the granulated sugar in a heavy pan and cook over medium heat until the edges start to caramelize; shake pan, do not stir.
- 4Remove from heat once all the sugar has dissolved and the sugar is golden brown.
- 5Carefully stir in the lime juice (it will sputter and spit).
- 6Divide the caramel among 6 ramekins and turn them so caramel distributes evenly.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Stir the eggs into the cooled pineapple mixture; divide egg mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- 9Place ramekins in a roasting pan and pour warm water into the roasting pan so that it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins; cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes until set; let cool.
- 10Invert ramekins onto dessert plates (loosen sides with a knife, then place dessert plate over the ramekin and flip over).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colombian Pineapple Custard
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g