Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe by Steven Raichlen. Bon Appetit July 2009. This Colombian version of guacamole is smoother than most Mexican guacamoles, and it's used as a sauce for grilled meats, not just as a dip for tortilla chips. Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2009/07/colombian_guacamole#ixzz1cBO4ezbf
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped (large ripe 12 to 13 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, coarsely chopped (or sweet onion such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 2 tablespoons serrano chilies, chopped with seeds
- 1⁄4 cup water (or more)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more)
- coarse kosher salt
- Combine avocado, cilantro, green onion, and serrano chiles in processor. Puree until smooth. Add 1/4 cup water and 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and process to blend. Add more water by tablespoonfuls as needed and blend until thick but pourable sauce forms.
- Transfer to small bowl; season to taste with coarse salt and pepper and more lime juice, if desired. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.