Recipe by mandabears
This is a very good rice pudding recipe that I got from a box of Carolina White Rice. I usually add the flake coconut as my optional ingredient, but it is also terrific with diced mango. It does not work well with skim milk or 1% milk, but is ok with anything 2% or more.
- 236.59 ml carolina white rice (or any other brand of long grain white rice)
- 49.61 g package instant pudding mix, I use Vanilla or 49.61 g package coconut cream
- 473.18 ml half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut, chopped pistachios, raisins, macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, fun chips (optional) or 118.29 ml diced fresh fruit (optional)
- whipped cream, chocolate curls, maraschino cherries for garnish