Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very good rice pudding recipe that I got from a box of Carolina White Rice. I usually add the flake coconut as my optional ingredient, but it is also terrific with diced mango. It does not work well with skim milk or 1% milk, but is ok with anything 2% or more.
- 1 cup carolina white rice (or any other brand of long grain white rice)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package instant pudding mix, I use Vanilla or 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package coconut cream
- 2 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, chopped pistachios, raisins, macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, fun chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup diced fresh fruit (optional)
- whipped cream, chocolate curls, maraschino cherries for garnish
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, and Half and Half.
- Mix for 2 minutes.
- Fold in rice and desired choice of add ins.
- Spoon into 6 dessert cups.
- Garnish as desired.