Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich, yet delicate, first course. This cream-based soup made with avocados and potatoes can be served either hot or cold. It is ideal before a fish course. Allow more time if serving cold for the soup to cool and be refrigerated.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the stock over medium high heat. Add the leeks and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in blender, then return to saucepan. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Puree avocado in the blender.
- If serving hot, be sure to stir in the avocado just before serving, since heat can make the avocado bitter.
- If serving cold, allow the soup to cool completely, then stir in the avocado puree and refrigerate.
- Garnish with chopped chives or cilantro.
What an elegant, delicious soup and so easy to make!