Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hot, spicy, fresh, and flavorful! I have been told this is on every Columbian table! Best made a little ahead to give time for flavors to mix thoroughly. Adapted from Allrecipes. I haven't tried this yet lol
- 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded (or other hot peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a blender, combine the jalapenos, water, vinegar, lemon juice, green onions, cilantro and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes to allow time for flavors to mix.
- Serve with meats, vegetables, breads, etc. Enjoy!
This is great! Tastes pretty similar to the Aji at a local Colombian restaurant we frequent in Tampa. I use this and make it often. It keeps for a loooong time in the fridge.