Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Puffy baked omelette with butter fried bananas on top.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the bananas about 5 minutes, turning them frequently. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the salt, cayenne pepper and milk. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold the yolks and whites together.
- Transfer to a buttered 7 x 10 inch shallow casserole and arrange the banana slices on top.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F. oven 20 minutes until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley and serve from the casserole. Serves 4.