Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Classic Cuisine of the Italian Jews by Edda Servi Machlin. This is an ancient Venetian dish according to the author and may not be for everyone's taste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, parsley and rice.
- Cook over high heat stirring with a wooden spoon until garlic begins to discolor.
- Add raisins and salt.
- Add broth or water 1/4 cup at a time and continue to cook uncovered over high heat until rice is done-about 15 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Thanks for this recipe Mirj! I use to love raisins as a young child, and then hated them for years. Recently I started wanting raisins in everything since...and I found this recipe and gave it a go! This may not be a recipe for everyone, but its definitely one for me! I really enjoyed it! Thanks for this one! I'll be making it again!
Have this book and love it. This is a great recipe. The kids, unfortunatley dont like it 'cause they dont like the raisins cooked but DH and I love it. Great post!