- 1 lb cauliflower floret
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 15 fluid ounces water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, fry the cauliflower, onion and celery gently in butter for 10 minutes without browning.
- Add the water and nutmeg and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
- Purée in a food processor or rub through a sieve, return to the pan and stir in the milk.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls.
- Top each serving with a whirl of fresh cream if desired and sprinkle with parsley.