Recipe by peachez
This is the way I usually make it. I change it with hot Italian sausages or Chorizo. Just depends on which flavour the family wants and the pantry offers.
- 2 (5 ounce) hot link sausage, approx,casings removed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, in puree
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed,drained and squeeze between paper towels to remove excess water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained or 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- fresh basil
- asagio cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, crumble and cook sausage about 3 minutes.
- Add to the saucepan; onion, green pepper and garlic, stirring as you cook about 8 minutes Add the tomatoes through red pepper flakes; simmer partially covered 15- 20 minutes or till heated through Add rigatoni, stirring to coat.
- Serve with fresh basil and Asagio cheese sprinkled on top.