Recipe by Jellyqueen
I buy the frozen vegetables and meat in large containers and break down into the amounts listed in the recipe. This may not be quite as good as homemade at Mom's house, but it comes real close and the kids love it when they get all of the ingredients and instructions at the same time. All you have to do is pull everything out of the pantry and freezer and send to school with them.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is a fantastic idea! Thank you so much. The ingredients are very basic and easy to shift around as needed for taste. It's a nutritious meal and beats the takeaway blahs. I used the disposable/reusable plastic containers.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup frozen chopped onions or 1⁄2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 cup stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- seasoning (salt, pepper, cajun spice, garlic powder, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen mixed vegetables and onions in quart size freezer bag.
- Wrap stew meat in plastic wrap and place in same bag as frozen vegetables.
- Be sure to write name of recipe on bag and date bagged.
- Wrap seasoning in plastic wrap and place with tomato soup in a brown paper lunch bag.
- Be sure to write name of recipe on the bag and date bagged.
- Write the following directions on outside of lunch bag.
- Place frozen vegetables, water, meat, soup and seasoning in med.
- size boiler.
- Bring to a slow boil and cook for 10 minutes on slow boil.
- Turn to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- May have to add more water if needed.