Recipe by Sue Lau
Colleen's recipe (from cookingthisandthat food blog).
Top Review by ARathkamp
Made this for dinner tonight.. we had seen a few Paella shows on Food Network and wanted to try something similar. We also have never tried chorizo sausage either.. but Iw ill say, the family gobbled it up and said it was a "keeper". Thanks for posting, we'll make again!
- 2⁄3 cup yellow rice (Goya)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil, then add rice and stir until it browns lightly (the way you would cook rice-a-roni).
- Stir in shallot and garlic and continue to saute for only about a minute, so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add shrimp, chorizo, and broth. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 18 minutes.
- Remove lid, add parsley and peas and cook until heated through. Continue cooking uncovered until all liquid is absorbed.