Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy soup. Very yummy. My Mom's recipe!
Make and share this Colleen's Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Braise carrot in 1 cup of vegetable broth for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 3 minutes further.
- Add potatoes, milk (water or broth), and rest of broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt& pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree 4 cups of the soup in a food processor and return to pot.
- (Or use an immersion blender- you can puree all of it for a creamier soup).
- Stir to mix and its ready to serve.
- Serving suggestions: for non-vegans you can add a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheddar; serve with chopped green onions or chives.