Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy soup. Very yummy. My Mom's recipe!
Make and share this Colleen's Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed or sliced thinly
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups water or 2 cups broth, if vegan
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Braise carrot in 1 cup of vegetable broth for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 3 minutes further.
- Add potatoes, milk (water or broth), and rest of broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt& pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree 4 cups of the soup in a food processor and return to pot.
- (Or use an immersion blender- you can puree all of it for a creamier soup).
- Stir to mix and its ready to serve.
- Serving suggestions: for non-vegans you can add a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheddar; serve with chopped green onions or chives.
Well, thank you very much Colleen!<br/><br/>I was going to make split pea soup but I forgot to get my peas soaking before I went to work.... your recipe literally saved our tea! <br/><br/>The ingredients were so simple that I had them all in stock (phew!), but not so simple as to create a tasteless soup. In fact this recipe created something the complete opposite of tasteless, its simply divine!<br/><br/>I served mine up with a sprinkling of smoked paprika and some freshly baked, warm wholemeal rolls. Delish! <br/><br/>I also used soya milk and a splash of soya cream instead of replacing the normal milk with broth. Worked well!<br/><br/>F.G.<br/>(www.flash-gordonette.com)
Very good! I didn't add as much carrott and added a little more onion. I also processed all of the soup in the food processor. Will fix again!