Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy soup. Very yummy. My Mom's recipe!
Make and share this Colleen's Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Braise carrot in 1 cup of vegetable broth for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 3 minutes further.
- Add potatoes, milk (water or broth), and rest of broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt& pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree 4 cups of the soup in a food processor and return to pot.
- (Or use an immersion blender- you can puree all of it for a creamier soup).
- Stir to mix and its ready to serve.
- Serving suggestions: for non-vegans you can add a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheddar; serve with chopped green onions or chives.
Well, thank you very much Colleen!<br/><br/>I was going to make split pea soup but I forgot to get my peas soaking before I went to work.... your recipe literally saved our tea! <br/><br/>The ingredients were so simple that I had them all in stock (phew!), but not so simple as to create a tasteless soup. In fact this recipe created something the complete opposite of tasteless, its simply divine!<br/><br/>I served mine up with a sprinkling of smoked paprika and some freshly baked, warm wholemeal rolls. Delish! <br/><br/>I also used soya milk and a splash of soya cream instead of replacing the normal milk with broth. Worked well!<br/><br/>F.G.<br/>(www.flash-gordonette.com)
Very good! I didn't add as much carrott and added a little more onion. I also processed all of the soup in the food processor. Will fix again!