Quick and easy soup. Very yummy. My Mom's recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Braise carrot in 1 cup of vegetable broth for 3 minutes.
- 2Add onions and cook 3 minutes further.
- 3Add potatoes, milk (water or broth), and rest of broth.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in salt& pepper.
- 6Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Puree 4 cups of the soup in a food processor and return to pot.
- 9(Or use an immersion blender- you can puree all of it for a creamier soup).
- 10Stir to mix and its ready to serve.
- 11Serving suggestions: for non-vegans you can add a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheddar; serve with chopped green onions or chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colleen's Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: