Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this for a potluck and it was devoured. Several people asked for the recipe. It was one of those... "what do I have on hand" dishes. It has lots of flavor and I will definitely make this again. Good comfort food.
- Sort, Rinse and Soak beans overnight.
- Brown pork and onions in frying pan.
- Add spices and coffee.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- In crock pot or large sauce pan add beans, pork mixture, can of tomato sauce, and minced tomato.
- Cover with water and cook until tender.
Sorry, this was nothing less than terrible in my hands. I used beans that i had previously cooked, then froze, but otherwise everything was the same.
Great! I used ground turkey instead of pork. I did precook the beans in salted water for about 45 minutes covered,then added everything in the recipe. I love using black coffee in recipes. I also used two cans of diced tomatoes in juice instead of the tomato sauce and large tomato. The next day the flavor is even better after refrigeration. I think that you could use any kind of meat especially wild meat for this dish! I will make again, this time with wild game or buffalo. Thanks.